Monday, November 2, 2015

Week 18


I'm one happy baby!!  I've found my toes and love to grab for them.  I'm getting really good and grabbing and holding things too!  Mommy found some of the baby toys and we've been practicing holding rattles, balls and Sophie the Giraffe.  I love to chew on her nose and feet and it really makes me laugh when I accidentally make her squeak...sometimes she scares me with that squeak though and I think it makes the dogs a little crazy.

I went to the doctor this week for my 4 month appointment.  I weight 13lbs 10ozs and am in the 40th percentile for both height and weight.  The doctor did tell Mommy that she needs to just let me cry at night.  She said that I need to figure out how to "self sooth" and that she can't swaddle me anymore (too bad..I like that) or let me sleep in the Rock and Play (too bad...I sleep really well in there) and that she can't keep coming in to give me my paci when I cry.  I just need to figure it out.  It's been a long few nights at our house....Mommy seems tired.  Daddy too in fact.  And, I heard Abby say "Mommy, I heard Hazel crying last night" so basically I'm keeping the whole house up these days.  All that crying is hard work but it sure doesn't tire me out at 3 am!!!  More on that next week.

This week's fabric is from Chris and Brenna.  We went to see them on Sunday and it was really fun to have lunch with them and see all the work they've been doing at their house these days.  I was pretty tired from all that late night crying so I slept through a lot of it though.  Brenna said she got this fabric because they go on lots of camping trips with us.  I can't wait til we do more camping with them next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment